You can now store and send Terra cryptocurrencies such as Luna and TerraKRW on both Ledger Nano S and X. This means that you can use your Ledger hardware wallet to securely keep your funds and interact with the Terra blockchain. Hardware wallets are considered to be much more secure than mnemonics or encrypted files that you keep on your computer. In fact, the private keys never leave the device itself, so your digital assets are safe even when using an infected (or untrusted) computer.
- Set up your Ledger Nano S/X. This makes sure the hardware wallet is ready to use.
- Download Ledger Live onto your computer. Ledger Live is the app you use to manage your Ledger device. Please follow the official installation instruction here.
- Install the latest firmware on your Nano S. This ensures compatibility with the Terra App. As of the writing of this article, the latest firmware is version 1.6.0.
- Make sure Google Chrome is installed
- Run the installed Ledger Live.
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger.
- If prompted, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
- Turn on developer mode in Ledger Live. Settings ⚙️ >Experimental features > Developer mode, as shown below
6. Click back into the Manager tab and search for Terra in the App catalog.
7. Click the Install button for the Terra app. Your device will display Processing while installing. Proceed to the next step once you’ve installed the application.
Terra Station is a wallet application for holding Terra assets and interacting with the Terra blockchain. It is available both as a web application (Google Chrome and Ledger required), or as a standalone desktop application for Windows or Mac.
- Make sure your Ledger Nano S/X Device is connected and unlocked.
- Open the Terra App in Ledger.
- Open the Station in Google Chrome browser.
- Click Sign in button and a popup will be shown as below, click Sign in with ledger.
5. After successfully signing in, you will see your address on top left of right panel.
6. Click Bank on the menu in left panel, and you will see a Ledger icon next to your address. Click the <Insert Icon Image Here> icon. Once clicked, you should see your Terra address in your Ledger device. Please verify that the address shown in Station is the same on the device.
On your Terra Station Bank page, you can send crypto assets through your Ledger device by simply clicking the Send button from each of your available crypto assets. In fact, this process is essentially the same for when you make any transactions such as Delegating Luna to a validator, and Voting on a proposal.
Receiving Terra crypto assets is as simple as providing your wallet address to the sender.
Sending Terra crypto assets through your ledger device is as simple as clicking Send and confirming on your ledger!
By clicking Send button you will see popup modal:
In confirmation step, you should verify your transaction details and click the Confirm with Ledger button.
At this stage, verify transaction details on your Ledger Device and confirm with Approve.
If you encounter any issue with your Ledger device and the Station, please join our Discord server and drop us a line in Station channel.